Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Update from cow town

Well, we are settled into good 'ole Amarillo. It is definitely taking some getting used to. The town smells like cow poop (and I am being nice by calling it poop) almost all the time! It is so windy here and there are so many stockyards. It stinks so bad!! I don't see how people live around the stench. On a higher note, we are talking to builders this weekend. Hopefully we will be able to get started on the construction of our new home. Our lease ends in May, so we have to have somewhere to move by then, even if it does smell!

I am absolutely loving my job! I find it hard to leave Kale each day, and do feel some Mommy guilt, considering he is spending more time with other caregivers than me, but I do find my job very fulfilling. This district needs me and I am enjoying the challenge. I think Kris is enjoying his job as well. He has been traveling alot, so Kale and I have had to learn to cope on our own. The dogs enjoy the back yard, but unfortunately have to be put in the kennel all day every day when we are not here. They get out no matter what we do. Molly included (not just Joe this time!). My brother seems to be doing well. We have gotten to talk to him alot recently. He is at a new outpost and seems to like this one a bit better. He has a pet cat there. He says the cat sleeps with him every night. I thought that was funny.


I bought Kris a cowboy shirt for the rodeo that comes to town in September. I think it was a bit too small...


My sweet, sleeping boy.

Kale is always in such a good mood in the mornings. He always squeals and smiles so big when I wake him up. It's like he saying, "Momma, I missed you!"


We are getting ready for winter. I bought Kale this cute hat at Baby Gap. He also has a very stylish Pea Coat for winter. (It is still 90 degrees here during the day, by the way.)

*** This blog post is dedicated to Melissa, who says she checks my blog every day. That gives me incentive to keep it updated!

1 comment:

  1. What darling pictures. He is so cute especially when he smiles.

    ReplyDelete