Monday, July 13, 2009

Cannon Beach, Oregon

This is the second year that Kris and I have gone to Cannon Beach, Oregon, which is a coast town about an hour and a half from Portland. It is so nice to go and get away from the Houston heat. The high when we were there was about 60 degrees! Such a nice change! While there, we visited several wineries, ate yummy food, shopped, visited a waterfall, and had a bonfire on the beach.
This is the waterfall we went to see. The picture really doesn't do it justice. We attempted to hike to the top, but I didn't make it....It is straight up and I am very out of shape.

This is the view from our hotel balcony. This giant rock is called haystack rock and it is actually in the Goonies movie. This is during low tide and there a ton of tide pools around. We enjoyed sleeping with our balcony door open at night. The temperature was just right and it was so soothing to listen to the ocean while we fell asleep.
Kris was nice enough to share this ice-cream cone with the "cow."

This is a picture of some grapes growing on the vine from one of the vineyards we visited.

My now full wine rack...Kris and I both brought an empty suitcase on this trip, so we could bring back any wine that we really loved. We were very lucky that none of the bottles broke on the flight. Between this trip and my girl's trip to Fredericksburg, I was able to fill up the wine rack for the first time! Quite an accomplishment, I know.











1 comment:

  1. What a neat trip. I am going to put that on my "places" I want to visit in life list. :)

    ReplyDelete