Thursday, August 5, 2010

Amarillo Update

Well, I have pictures to post, but I currently cannot find the cord that downloads the pictures from my camera to my computer (it's in a box somewhere). In the meantime, I know some of you are wondering how things are going here in Amarillo.

Kris and I officially moved in the house on Sunday. The movers brought all the stuff and did a great job packing, unpacking, etc. So far, we have only found one item that was damaged. That is a real step up from our previous move from Memphis to Houston. I have most of the boxes unpacked, aside from the dining room. We also have some major work to do the garage! We are storing alot of stuff in the garage, since our lease house is quite a bit smaller than our home in Kingwood was.

Kale and I drove to Amarillo separate from Kris. We arrived on Friday evening. We had to drive up on our own because I had to sign the lease on Saturday and Kris had class in Houston. Kale did pretty well on his first roadtrip. It's about a 9 hour drive, so we drove it in shifts. We drove to Fort Worth and got a hotel on Thursday night, then drove the rest of the way to Amarillo on Friday. Kale just had a few crying fits, so overall it was a good trip. We did have a bit of a predicament on Saturday: I had a flair up with kidney stones. I ended up at urgent care, with Kale. Luckily, he was in a good mood and really behaved himself. I was feeling much better, so I thought perhaps I had passed the stone, but today I discovered I hadn't. I was in major pain and called and begged a local urologist to see me. I can already see that one of the benefits to living in a small city will be that people are alot more considerate. I have a CT scheduled for tomorrow and we will determine if I need surgery from there. For now, I am high on pain meds!

I had two days of inservice this week and officially start my job next Wednesday. I feel like I am really going to enjoy working in this district. I am very impressed with the district's priorities right now--they really seem all about the kids. Kris has been working from home this week. He leaves for Houston on Sunday. (A ship is coming into Galveston). My mom will arrive on Tuesday night to keep Kale for two weeks. He can't start daycare until the 23rd, so she volunteered to come watch him. I know he is looking forward to spending one-on-one time with grandma (and likewise I am sure!).

I will post pictures when I uncover my camera cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment