Monday, August 13, 2012

Richmond Zoo

While Gram was visiting, we decided to take her to the zoo. We had not been to the Richmond zoo yet, so we wanted to explore it ourselves. We went on a day that was overcast and threatening rain. Luckily, the rain held off and the temperature was perfect for the day outside. 

Kale was enamored by all of the animals. It was so fun to watch the zoo through his eyes. His only other experience with the zoo was in Amarillo....compared to that, the Richmond zoo was quite the treat! 

There were lots of different animals that you could feed. I thought these black swans were interesting. I don't think I have ever seen black swans before. 

We loved feeding the giraffes.Kale has a picture of a giraffe in his room and he always calls it a horse. He knows the difference now!


Kiss, Kiss!

There was a petting portion at this zoo. This little guy had escaped and was getting all of the treats from people. He was very friendly. Kale and Liam both loved him!


Kale was  not too into this baby deer, but that is probably because he saw my reaction. I do not really like animals that are not dogs or cats. I am kinda scared of them and I think Kale picked up on that. 



Liam practiced making his monkey sounds when we got finished looking at the monkeys. 

I did not like this guy, but he was pretty friendly. Kale was a little timid to go up to the glass as well.  



We went on an African Safari train ride. We got to ride out in the middle of an open area where the animals run essentially "free." Many of them came right up to the train--freaked me out!

Look at this guy's stripes. 

We ended our zoo visit with a ride on the carousel. At first, Kale didn't want to go. He cried but I made him get on. As you can see, he came to enjoy himself. As a matter of fact, he cried again when he had to get off!



No comments:

Post a Comment