Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I am so thankful for...

I am so thankful for my little man. He just melts my heart. I can't imagine my life without him in it. This time last year we found out he was a boy...I wanted to have a girl so bad. I had actually already purchased several dresses before we found out the gender. But now...I can't imagine having a girl. My little man is so sweet.

I have found myself reflecting on this past year alot over the past month or so. Here are some of the things I have learned.

  • Motherhood is hard. Everyone said it is the hardest thing you will ever do and that is true. But you really can't understand until you are actually a mom. Being a mom is the most selfless act ever.
  • Being a mom is the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me.
  • A baby really does change EVERYTHING---it makes it better!!
  • God always provides and more, he gives you your heart's desires.
  • Sleep is completely overrated. I can operate on much less sleep than I ever thought possible...and I'm not even tired (well most of the time)!
  • I am blessed beyond compare.
  • It is really hard to find good childcare.
  • It's not about the "stuff."
  • You can live anywhere (even Amarillo), if it's with the people you love.

1 comment:

  1. We miss you guys! Wished we could have play dates :-)

    I completely agree with everything you learned.

    ReplyDelete