Monday, July 25, 2011

Vist to Iowa

We recently spent a few days in Iowa to visit Kris' family and attend our niece, Scarlett's baptism. Kale LOVED riding the lawn mower. He got to go on several rides a day. Grandpa quickly became his favorite person.


It wasn't as fun to just sit on the mower, but it was better than nothing. He even had the mower sound down pat.

We went to the pool one of the days we were. As usual, Kale had a blast in the water.

The slide is always his favorite part.


We took Kale to the park close to Kris' parents' home. Kris almost got sick on the merry-go-round, so I had to go with him.

Kale loved driving the fire truck.

Kris attempted to take Kale down the huge rocket slide that he spent so much time on as a child. He didn't fit nearly as well as used to.

My happy man!

Look at those pearly whites!

We spent a lot of time in the car and Kale did surprisely well considering he doesn't like to be contained these days.

This picture cracks me up. Kale looks like he is laughing, saying, "Ha, ha, I outlasted grandma!"

We went to dinner with all of Kris' extended family.

Kale and Brady got to drive the car while we waited to be seated.

The church where Scarlett got baptized had a basketball court. Kale enjoyed slam dunking the balls.

Unfortunately we didn't get many pictures from the baptism. I had to go back early for a job interview and left Kris in charge of taking pictures. Something is wrong with the camera and he wasn't able to get good photos.

Since I had to go back early, I had to be away from Kale for 36 hours. It was quite difficult. I have only left him once since he was born and that time, I was in the same state. When I got back to Amarillo, I went to go get the dogs, but the kennel was already closed. For the first time in years, I spent the evening and night completely ALONE--I didn't even have any dogs to keep me company. I didn't really know what to do with myself. It's hard to remember what I did before my sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment