Sunday, March 4, 2012

Long Road Trip

Well we survived the long road to Poplar Bluff! The boys luckily did fairly well in the car. I, unfortunately took almost no pictures. I guess I just got busy running after both boys and failed to get out my camera. 

In these two pictures, you can see I took Kale on a four-wheeler ride while at my parents. You can probably tell by the first picture that I was a little scared. My brother's four wheeler is so big, I was afraid it would get away from me! Kale, of course, loved it! I enjoyed getting to see my parents and I know the boys loved the attention they got from the grandparents. 

I took Kris to the airport on Friday night and we spent the night with Kenny, Kris' good friend. We enjoyed having dinner and drinks downtown without kids. Thanks to my mom for being a brave grandma and keeping the boys overnight! 

My mom and my friend, Heather, both have great cameras. They took several pictures of Kale and Liam and sent them to me. I love each of these pics and plan to get them enlarged! 

We are so blessed to have such a happy little man. Liam literally came out of the womb smiling and laughing. From the time he was a newborn, he would laugh in his sleep.  


Love these two! 



Two best friends with their babies!
Heather had Ella in October and about 6 weeks later I had Liam. Our kids are 6 weeks apart in age and coincidentally, Heather and I are 6 weeks apart in age. 

Liam and sweet Ella. I loved getting to meet Ella and see Heather. Unfortunately I didn't get to spend as much time with Heather as I planned. I ended up with mastitis AGAIN during this trip and stayed at my mom's in bed instead of traveling to Heather's. We did get to spend an afternoon together though. 

On Thursday night we drove to Memphis to spend time with my friend Danielle and her family. She had 3 kids, so we just added to the chaos. It was lots to fun to see the kids interact and to catch up with Danielle and Renee. I also got to see Renee's sweet son, Matthew, who is now 13. I used to babysit him when he was 3 and 4...wow! He has changed a ton, but is still such a sweet boy. 

I ended up making the 12 hour trek back to Amarillo without Kris. I was very, very nervous about this. I literally had knots in my stomach as I was departing from Memphis. Fortunately for me, things went great! We drove 5 hours on Friday night and stopped and got a room. Then, we drove the rest of the way the next day. It turns out, Kale is a great car rider and did wonderfully. Liam was a little fussy at times. I kept an arsenal of pacis next to me and would lean back and put one in his mouth when he needed one. We stopped every 2 hours or so to run around and stretch. We made it though, and I am a much more confident momma for it. (As a matter of fact, I felt a little like super mom once the trip was over.)

Funny story--on the ride to Amarillo, Kale was coloring in the back seat. A few minutes later he started cracking up laughing. This went on for several minutes. When I got the boys out of the car, I discovered why--Liam's carseat was right next to Kale and Kale colored all over Liam's clothes. Apparently, he thought this was hilarious. 

Kale is currently obsessed with Liam. Every chance he gets, he will "pick" him up. He loves to lay right next to him and wants to have his arm around Liam at all times. It thrills my heart to see him act this way, but I do have to be cautious because Kale is unintentionally rough with Liam and will try to pick him up and carry him around by the arm, etc. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely impressed. Quite a trip by yourself. Great job super mom!

    ReplyDelete