Thursday, February 23, 2012

Trip to Poplar Bluff

Well, the next few weeks are going to be busy for us. We are leaving tonight for a trip to Poplar Bluff, my hometown. Kris is going to China for 2 weeks, so I decided to go spend some time with my parents and friends. We are driving the 12 hours that it takes to get there--yes, I know we are a little crazy. I am aware this could be a disastrous trip, but at least we are going at night. I have high hopes that both boys will sleep. Kris is going with  me, then he is flying out of the Memphis airport. I am pumped to see my family and visit with my friends. All three of my close girlfriends, Renee, Danielle, and Heather, have had baby girls in the past few months, so I will get to meet them as well.

We will return from our trip on the 7th of March, then we turn around and leave again on the 8th for Richmond, VA. We are going on a trip to the area because it looks like we are moving!! Yes, I know, we just built a house, but this move was rather unexpected for us. Kris received a promotion this past June and his bosses immediately started talking with him about relocating to headquarters in Richmond. We hope to get our house on the market soon. We plan to make the move sometime this summer. Anyway-we are going to Richmond for  four days to explore the area. My mom is coming to our house to watch the boys. I am extra pumped for 4 days of uninterrupted time with my hubby, and who am I kidding, four days of sleeping through the night and sleeping in in the morning!!

In other news, Liam is back to his healthy self. We went for a check-up on Monday and he is perfect again. He did weigh 15 pounds, so he is quite large for a 2 month old. I, on the other hand, came down with mastitis this week. That was not fun. Luckily my symptoms only lasted about 2 days.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun and I will be praying for the trip. So sorry you got Mastitis. That is my least favorite sickness. Praying its gone for good!

    ReplyDelete