Thursday, July 19, 2012

Getting Settled In

Sweet Liam is finally starting to feel better. He is not 100%, but he is getting there. He has been extremely fussy this week and his little smile is just now returning to his face. 


They are both vegging out, watching Curious George. Kale will FINALLY watch TV. I am probably the only mom in the world who wants her child to watch TV, but up until this point, he has shown absolutely no interest. Sometimes I just need to get thing done or take a shower, etc. TV helps with that. 

I came out of Liam's room and found Kale unlocking the door. He really wanted to go outside to play, but I told him we had to wait until Liam took a nap. As soon as I went to rock Liam, Kale thought he would try to escape. This could become a problem...

My boys love to spend time outside, but it has been SO HOT!! It is difficult to be outside for longer than 10 minutes. 

Kale is very into pushing Liam in the swing and definitely doesn't want me to help him. 

We have been spending time at the pool. Kale is getting courageous and has been trying to swim while holding onto a raft. He has wiped out several times and gone under water, but is pretty good about finding his footing again. 

There are so many great things to do in the area. Last Thursday, we went to an outside mall for dinner and to let the boys play in the splash pad. There was also live music going on. Kale wanted no part of the splash pad. He is pretty shy when it comes to new situations. 

We bought a family membership to the Children's Museum. We went to visit the one in our suburb (there are 3 total). It was awesome. Kale had a blast shopping in the pretend grocery store. 

They have old vehicles in the museum that kids can play on. He loved the firetruck. 


Things are really coming together for us here. As I posted earlier, we sold our house in Texas. We closed on it last Wednesday. I also accepted a part-time position at John Tyler College, teaching for the English Department. I will work 2 afternoons a week. I think I will really enjoy the position. The Dean made it clear that if and when I wanted more classes or to work full-time, they would find a position for me. So nice to know! We found a great preschool for Kale. He will go 2 mornings a week. We also found a great nanny who will come to the house and watch the boys while I am at work. She is a college student at VCU and has lots of experience with little ones. 

In other news, I am loving being home with the boys. I was a little nervous about it at first. I wasn't sure if I would like it and I thought I might get bored. Let me tell you...we are so busy, there is no time for boredom. The days fly by! There is plenty to do in the area and getting out and about a few times a week is key. I love watching the boys interact and now I don't have to worry about missing important moments with them. Don't get me wrong, some days I am ready for a glass of wine by noon, but overall, staying home has been a great experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment