Friday, August 26, 2011

Our Life These Days...

Well, I am back to work which dramatically changes our day-to-day life. All summer I told everyone how great I felt and how different this pregnancy was than my pregnancy with Kale. I think I thought this time around was different because I wasn't working all summer. I got to nap when Kale did, so I was able to keep the exhaustion at bay. Now that I am back at work, well, let's just say I am not nearly as energetic. I was in bed every night this week by 9 p.m., one night I even crashed around 8 p.m. Pretty ridiculous! Our meals have changed pretty drastically as well. I just don't have the energy to prepare elaborate meals each night. We have had lots of pizza and frozen food. Healthy, I know.

One factor that has complicated this pregnancy is that I have kidney stones. Yuck! This is my fourth time with stones, but of course, since I am pregnant, everything is much more complicated. I can't do much to help with the pain. I lay on a heating pain and can take some low dose pain pills--they are about as effective as eating a tic-tac. I had a sonogram today to find out exactly where the stone is, so hopefully, prayerfully, it is making its way out of my system.

Kale's life is much different as well. He now goes to daycare full-time. Our nanny wasn't able to make her college schedule fit this semester. Kale does not like daycare and neither do Kris and I. The daycare we chose for him is supposedly the "best in Amarillo" (it's also the most expensive). However, if this daycare is the best, we have problems. The girls that keep Kale seem grouchy. They never play with the kids (I watch the mommy cam alot). Kale constantly has dried snot on his face when I pick him up. He won't eat their food and they won't let me bring my own, which means Kale does not eat all day. And finally, whenever we pick him up from daycare, he cries nonstop for a few hours. This tells me his needs are not being met. These are just a few of my grievances. I could go on and on, but won't bore you. We have been looking for other options. I have tried to find home sitters and have interviewed a few. The selection is not good...one of the sitters that I interviewed had a backyard out of Hoarders on TLC. We have a good option for next semester...Mother's Day Out at the church M-Th morning and then a nanny in the afternoon and on Fridays. Hopefully we can make this arrangement work for Liam as well. Why is good childcare so hard to find? This has got to be the hardest part about being a parent.

Overall, Kris has weathered the back to school slump the best. However last weekend he did get sick. He wasn't able to go to work on Monday and ended up in urgent care with a sinus infection. Luckily for all of us, Kris has not traveled in about 3 weeks. His next trip is planned for mid-September. We will get 6 uninterrupted weeks with our dad and husband. Yippee!

In other news, Liam's room was painted this weekend. We have ordered a few things for the walls, so I hope to work on it this weekend. I will post pics when I get the chance. Kale has learned to blow kisses and it is just so sweet! He does it quite obsessively when he starts, but that's okay. We love getting kisses! Overall, that's a run down of our life. I haven't taken many pictures lately, as things are always crazy during "back to work" month.

No comments:

Post a Comment