Tuesday, October 18, 2011

18 months old!

Kale turned 18 months on Saturday. It's hard to believe he is halfway to two years old! My baby is growing up so fast! We had his well child visit today. He had to get 4 shots...he actually did okay. He cried while they were giving them to him, but as soon as I picked them up, he stopped. He is currently about 33 inches long and weighs only 21 lbs, 5 ounces. I have very concerned about his eating, or lack thereof. The doctor assured me he was just fine...being in roughly the 15 percentile for weight and 60th for height. She repeatedly tells me it is better to be tall and skinny than short and fat, so I am going to try to remember that the next time I am attempting to force feed my child. So basically, Kale is healthy as a horse, so there is nothing I should worry about.

Kale still doesn't say too much, at least not in English. He speaks frequently in "Kale language," which no one can readily identify exactly what he is trying to say. His English vocabulary includes the words hi, no (he is great at this one), ready, sit, dog, and uh-oh. Does he say mom or dad...not a chance! He has, he just chooses not to at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment