Friday, January 20, 2012

Results of my Experiment

Although 5 days have not passed yet, I have learned a few things. First of all, it is not possible to have a baby on a schedule if you have a life. Anytime I have to go somewhere, it messes with Liam's schedule! If I wait to go when he is sleeping, he will wake up. If I wait to go run errands when he is awake, he inevitably falls asleep. I'm hoping once I go back to work he will get on a better schedule. My sitter is at great at that, so I'm sure it won't take her any time at all! What I have decided to do for now is to keep recording his feedings and naps and hopefully I will begin to see some sort of pattern.

I did a little facebook poll to see what people thought of attachment parents vs. CIO (cry it out). As with everything, everyone had a different opinion. I have taken a mixed approach. I rock Liam until he is drowsy then I put him down in his bed. If he cries, I let him cry for about 5 minutes, then go in put his paci in, pat his booty, and walk out. If he starts to cry again, I wait a bit longer...8 minutes this time, and go in and do the same. So far, it seems to be pretty effective. Last night was a GREAT night for Liam (and it was my turn to get up with him at night too)! He only got up once, at 2:30 a.m., and then went right back to sleep. He got up next at 7 a.m. I fed him a bottle and then he fell right back asleep until 10 a.m.!!!! This was so exciting for me. Keep your fingers crossed that we can have more nights like this.

In other news, Kale is finally learning to sleep in his cast and has slept through the night the past couple of nights. That is huge because it means we are getting up with one baby, not two!


No comments:

Post a Comment