Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

The Easter Bunny made a visit to the Helling household!

Kale's Easter basket

Liam's Easter basket

Kale got lots of good stuff from the bunny, including a new book, bunny ears, a bubble gun, and an etch a sketch. He also got easter presents from both sets of grandparents. From my parents, he got lots of candy, several balls, and poppers, which he loves. From Kris' parents, he received lots of candy and a pair of scooby doo crocs that he won't take off his feet. Needless to say, the child got plenty of candy!

Look at that crazy hair!


Liam also got lots of good stuff in his basket, but the bunny had a harder time shopping for him. He got some new books, bunny ears, and a couple of onsies. He got a new outfit from Gram Debbie and Grandma Marilyn. 

After we looked through our baskets, we got ready for church. Liam was all decked out in his new outfit and promptly spit up on it. 

My boys all dressed in blue. 

If you look at the next few pictures, he will see what it is like to try to get Kale to sit still during a picture. In the picture above, you can tell I have a death grip on him. 



Liam had a great first Easter!


We also dyed eggs today. Kris says he never dyed eggs while growing up. This is something we did every year for as long as I can remember!

Kale loved this activity...unfortunately things didn't go as well as I would've liked. I hard boiled the eggs...or thought I did. Apparently I didn't get them done. One of them cracked open and egg went everywhere! 


We used the stickers that came with the eggs to put all over ourselves. Kale loved that!


He wanted to check the progress of the eggs every few seconds and he insisted on helping scoop the egg out of the dye. I am so glad granite doesn't stain. 

After we dyed eggs we did an egg hunt of our own. Kale did great at this one...not too sure why he didn't do as well at the one at church. I only hid about 10 eggs because I thought I would be the one picking them up, but I should've done more, as he loved this activity. 



He really liked eating the candy out of the eggs! (We were pretty sugared up today!)

Kale got in some quality time playing with the dogs. 

Giddy up!


Liam enjoyed swinging in the baby swing for the first time today! 

Happy Easter from the Helling family!

No comments:

Post a Comment