Thursday, April 26, 2012

It IS Getting Easier...

As I sit back and reflect on my day, I think, "Oh, what a day!" I have shingles so badly right now...I am miserable. They are all across my stomach and I can barely hold Liam. Of course, Kris is out of town right now. . . as always. He is always gone when things like this happen. It never fails!

To list the number of things that have gone "wrong" while he was out of town would be impossible. But let me try--I've had kidney stones, various types of colds, the door knob on the front door fell off in my hand once, we've had various kinds of car problems, toliets have stopped working, Kale almost always gets sick when his dad is out of town, the dogs eat something they are not supposed to (like bricks--Jonah) and have to have surgery, and now shingles. Kris always misses the good stuff!

But as I said, as I sit back and reflect on my day, I realize, it's been a crazy day, very difficult at times, but overall, things are getting easier. I have found that it's "doable" to care for two kids at once, even with the shingles. One of them is crying or fussing at almost all times, but on the positive side, Liam is on a great schedule. Bless our sitter's heart--she is a life saver. Liam actually goes to sleep without being rocked now. I just lay him down on his stomach (yes, I know you're not supposed to do that), and to dreamland he goes! Kale is starting to play somewhat independently now, so that I actually get a few minutes to pick up the previous mess he has made, which is huge, considering our house has to be in "showing condition" at all times now that it's on the market. And then there are parts of the day that are so sweet, I thank God for not letting me miss them. Like the other day, we were sitting on the bed in my room. Liam was on the boppy and Kale was jumping on the bed. Out of the blue, Liam started giggling at Kale, and you have to know, I think baby giggles are probably the best sound on the face of the earth. Kale realized that Liam was giggling at him and kept acting like a clown and the giggles just kept on coming. Kale does love his little brother and Liam only has eyes for Kale. Although it is so hard to 2 little ones so close together, I am still very glad that we did. To see my two boys play and laugh together is a little piece of heaven. People often ask me if I was disappointed not to get a girl and the answer is truthfully, no. I am so glad Kale has a little brother. Although I love pink and all things girly, I could care less if I ever have a daughter. My boys have taught me how to love deeply and I would be happy to stick with being a boy mom. And for those of you wondering, no, we are not planning to have more kids anytime soon!!

Well, that is my tirade for the night. I enjoy blogging so much that sometimes it helps me to do a "reflection." It makes me realize just how much I have to be thankful for. We are immensely blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment