Monday, April 16, 2012

Kale's Birthday

My sweet little man turned 2 this weekend! I CANNOT believe he is already two! We had a big party to celebrate!

I ordered his cute shirt off of etsy...he had a Barney themed party. 

We had friends and family over to help us celebrate the day.

Kris' extended family flew in from Iowa and my mom came from Missouri.

Thanks to my mom for helping me through this chaotic weekend! We had both Kale's birthday party and Liam's baptism. It is not easy having to get ready for so many people to be at your house. My mom helped me with all the little details. Thanks, mom!

Kris dressed up as Barney for Kale's birthday. This is his reaction when he first saw Barney...

He was pretty scared in the beginning and clung to me. He refused to go near Barney.

The other kids weren't too scared. I was truthfully afraid there would be tons of screaming when Barney made his grand entrance. 

Kale finally figured out the guy in the suit was his dada. As you can see from this picture, you can see the majority of Kris' face in the costume. Once he started to talk to Kale, Kale was willing to go to him. 

We had a dinosaur egg hunt (using leftover Easter eggs). The kids loved it and had a blast!

The only family picture we managed to take...



Kale got a ton of cool presents, including a ton of matchbox cars, a car carrying case, a new shirt, a puzzle, lots of books, a new set of sheets for his "big boy" bed, new shoes, sandbox toys, a sandbox, several water toys, and many more things that I can't remember...he is one spoiled child!




Kris and I got Kale this joovy tricycle. It's cool because right now we can push him or he can move it with his feet. As he gets older, we can take the steering bar off the back and he can petal himself. 

My mom and dad got Kale this basketball hoop. This is currently his favorite toy to play with. 

Kris' parents got Kale a new wagon with seats. Liam will enjoy this gift one day too!

Liam was a good boy and minded his manners or slept through the party. 



No comments:

Post a Comment