Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Pacifier is Gone!

Last week when I was putting Kale to bed, I decided to try having him sleep without his paci. I honestly didn't think this would work, but I thought I would give it a try. Much to my surprise, he went to sleep just fine! He did look confused when I put him down without it, but he just looked around and then started singing (which is what he does to get himself to sleep). I really figured he would start crying a few minutes later, but nothing! The next morning when I went to get him out of bed, he lifted up his blankets, held his hands in the air, shrugged and was desperately trying to tell me something. I am pretty sure he was trying to say, "Can you believe it, mom? All my pacis are gone." The next day the sitter didn't give him his paci at naptime. It has been a week and he hasn't asked for it one time!

I really figured taking the paci away would be a huge battle, because Kale has always LOVED his paci. As a matter of fact, he not only slept with a paci in his mouth, but also slept with one paci in each hand. I was pleasantly surprised just how easy this process was, but I am also a little sad. He is such a big boy and doesn't even need the paci anymore!

Liam, on the other hand, loves his finger. He has sucked his pointer finger until he has a blister on it. I think this will be much to harder to break...after all, I can't just take a finger away!


No comments:

Post a Comment