Thursday, May 10, 2012

Big Boy Bed

Kris and I were planning to convert Kale's bed to a toddler bed soon...however, I had to do it sooner than we anticipated. On Wednesday in the wee hours of the night, Kale learned to crawl out of his crib. Don't ask me why...but he did. I was sleeping in bed and Kris was out of town. I felt this little hand touch me in bed. It just about scared me to death. I literally almost wet my pants. Kale proceeded to get out of his crib several more times throughout the night. Since I was afraid he would break a bone, I decided we couldn't put off converting his crib. 

This is Kale the first night he slept in his toddler bed. The bed is so low, his feet are literally touching the ground. I figured he would fall out of bed, but I don't think he did. We have a railing, but I couldn't figure out how to get it on. I got up to check on him several times during the night and he seemed to do pretty well. One time, about 1 a.m., he was sitting up in bed and greeted me with a loud, very awake, "Hi!" as soon as I opened the door. I told him it was still night, night time and he needed to lay down and go back to sleep. I guess he did because I didn't hear from him again. Luckily, I didn't have a single visit from him that night. The next morning he woke about 6:40 a.m. (that's late for him), and made his way into the bathroom where I was getting ready. He was smiling from ear to ear, so proud of himself for sleeping in his big boy bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment