Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother Son Time

Since Kris has been out of town, the boys and I have gotten plenty of mother/son bonding time. I knew if I was going to make it through the weekend, structure was the name of the game! 

One of the activities we did was make a fort. This is the first time I have done this with Kale and he loved it! I am pretty proud of myself for thinking of this idea, because "boy stuff" doesn't come easily to me. 


Kale loved having his own little space to crawl into with a good book!

We also did some painting. Kale enjoys doing anything crafty. I think his picture was a masterpiece!
We also made strawberry cupcakes. Kale listened surprisingly well and did a nice job helping me bake. 


After nap, we went to the park. There, we went on a walk around the pond, played on the playground equipment, and fed the ducks. There was a momma duck with her babies following her everywhere. It was cute. This pond was pretty large and had probably close to a hundred ducks of all varieties in it. There were even swans. I took a loaf of bread and Kale feed the entire thing to the ducks. If you know me, you know this is big! I am terrified of our "feathered friends." Some of them did get a little too close for comfort. Kale loved it though and laughed and squealed the whole time. 

Finally, we went to Chic-Fil-A for dinner. Kale sat in the booth across from me like a big boy. We played in the play place for a while. Kale did have to throw a fit when we left, so that was quite embarrassing. I was attempting to drag him and Liam and the diaper bag out of the restaurant, while Kale was screaming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment